Original recipe from the Eating Well… Living Thin(er!) Blog: http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/blast-from-the-past-with-a-new-twist/
I originally found this recipe and awesome blog via Pinterest. The photo I pinned to my Favorite Recipes Board made my mouth water many months ago. Now that I have time to go back and actually look at all of the things I have been pinning for the last 6-9 months I became inspired by all the food photos floating around the Pinterest World.
This particular recipe is the first one I’ve taken a stab at from my Favorite Recipes Board. And it is delicious!! The blog attached to the mouth watering pin was the ultimate bonus! I can’t wait to try more recipes from it.
Mushroom Broccoli-Quinoa Casserole (my version derived from the recipe I found from attached blog posting)
1 can cream of mushroom soup 1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise 2 cups cooked broccoli
2 tbsp milk 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1 1/4 cup grated marble cheese 8 white mushrooms sliced
1/2 tsp sugar fresh parmesan
- Prehead oven to 350°F & coat casserole dish with oil (I used coconut oil)
- Cook quinoa (don’t forget to fluff with fork)
- In a large bowl, combine soup, mayo, shredded cheese, sugar & pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in quinoa & broccoli.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbling around the edges and golden.
This made an excellent dinner for a cold winter evening! I think this dish would also be excellent with cooked chicken breast added.